Columbia Best Garage Door Opener Repair
If you are experiencing problems with your garage door opener it is recommended to call a professional and not try to repair the garage door opener yourself. Trying to operate your garage door with a faulty opener can cause further damage to the unit, which may lead to the replacement of the entire opener unit.
At Columbia Best Garage Door we provide garage door opener repair service that is convenient for you.
- Same Day Service
- Evening and Weekend Appointments at NO Extra Charge
- 24/7 Emergency After Hours Repair
- High Quality Parts and Openers
Common issues With Garage Door Openers
- Flashing Lights
- Sagging Belt or Chain
- Lightning Strikes
- Opener Hums But Doesn’t Move
- No Response From The Wall and Remote Controller
Garage Door Opener Repair or Opener Replacement
Many times it is possible to repair your garage door opener. Repairing your opener usually is less expensive than replacing the entire unit. That is why we prefer if possible to repair your unit. Our technicians are equipped with replacement parts that suit most of the opener brands. In some cases we recommend replacing the garage door opener unit for several reasons.
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. Garage door openers that were manufactured before this date will most likely not pass a home inspection. If this is the case we would recommend to replace the unit.
- If the manufacturer has a history of problems or has been sued for safety defects, we will not repair the opener.
- If the garage door opener does not have sensors or safety eyes, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance and therefore we would recommend replacement.
- If the brand does not exist or if the opener model is very old, we would recommend replacing the unit.
Garage door openers today are extremely reliable and have a variety of features. Ask us about our garage door opener specials and enjoy the luxury of a new Liftmaster garage door opener.
Why Do Garage Door Openers Fail
The main reason for a garage door opener to fail is an unbalanced door. An unbalanced garage door will exert an inordinate amount of stress on the garage door opener which may damage the internal parts. Unbalanced doors are usually caused because of a wrong spring size, the spring system is responsible to carry the weight of the garage door. When you open the garage door manually, it is meant to be easy and smooth, otherwise it is most likely that the garage door is not balanced.
Our garage door technicians are experts in replacing garage door openers and garage door springs. Please do not try to adjust these things on your own, give us a call for fast professional garage door opener repair service.